Friday, April 17, 2009

Psst!


European Starling (invasive species)
Originally uploaded by mightyquinninwky©™

I just found out who this guy is. He is a European Starling. He and his mate have a nest in the eave of our house. (Ok, not this particular fellow, but they look just like him.) I heard their babies squealing yesterday, and it is the best sound in the world.

I am in love with bird watching all of a sudden. I just signed up to receive my Celebrate Urban Birds kit from Cornell Ornithology Lab. You should too.

I just hope they don't eat my plants once they're in the garden.

I don't believe I've ever been this in touch with Spring before. It feels wonderful and I am reveling in it.

1 comment:

Cricket said...

I signed up! I have a decent TN birds book if you ever need to look anything up. We should spend an afternoon drinking on the porch and talking birds!!