Monday, November 9, 2009

Lunchtime List

I am a very lucky girl. I have four grandparents alive and I am thirty years old.
They have taught me so much, all of them, and loved me so well.
Right now I have one grandfather in the hospital, on my father's side,
and my other grandfather has been having chest pains this week.
I want to wish them comfort and wellness, and to their lovely spouses,
I want to send support and my undying love.
I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to have been raised by four such characters
as they are, full of art and Alabama and familial devotion and pride.
Know my thoughts and are with you, as they always are,
and that although I am three hours away, we are never far in spirit.
Hug and kiss the ones you love. Or as we say in my family, "hug their neck." It may sound silly and slightly violent, but it's the best hug you can give.

No comments: