Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lunchtime List

I am at Cafe Coco, and it is before 6am. I've been here since 5:30.
Taylor started a job on the west side of town, and it begins pretty early.
Even though it is an extreme change in lifestyle getting up at the crack of dawn
it is a welcome change, and I look forward to seeing the sunrise every weekday morning.
It is also raining, and I am feeling supremely romantic. Reading the last installment of the
Twilight series can do that, I think. I don't know what it is about that series - I usually
would skip the teen fiction, but I just love the plot. I can't help it. I invite all folks to make fun.
There is a tv on in the back room of Cafe Coco, where I am sitting,
and it is playing black-and-white (muted) musical numbers from days gone by.
Every now and then I look up and see some Vaudeville-type number, and it cheers me.
On that note, I watched a pretty cute Woody Allen movie last night called Whatever Works.
Judge made a point at the end of the movie, which made me laugh:
"It seems like Woody Allen has made a couple movies with older men-younger women,
odd couple relationships to justify his whole, 'I want to marry my adopted, very-much
younger stepdaughter' thing." I agreed. But is is funny, warm, and Larry David plays a
lovable, eccentric genius. We also watched Dance Flick. Yes, I said, "Dance Flick." If you have
even heard of this movie, you will know that it is one of those spoof movies done by the
Wayans brothers. I know it's a formula, but there were some pretty priceless moments in it.
And the main actress, Shoshana Bush (Yes, that is her name) was really funny. Her facial
expressions and ability to play a dumb milktoast girl was actually impressive.
We've been watching a lot of movies lately via Red Box, since it is easy and right down the
street from us. For some reason renting movies from a box seems strange to me.
Also, I bought three cassettes (yes, cassettes) at the thrift store the other day.
I have a player in my car and I ride around now listening to White Lion's, "Pride"
and Beethoven's "Violin Concerto in D." They rule. I forgot how much I love
cassettes. Really. I think I'm going back to the Goodwill to find more.
That is all for today. Sorry the blog has been lacking lately.
I'm working on a reformatting of the entire thing, so I will post more when a revamp
has been figured out. Adios!

1 comment:

Char said...

i love how this is a blog and list at the same time