Friday, December 17, 2010

"Elizabeth Taylor": The Room

A glimpse into "Elizabeth Taylor's" bedroom. It's still unfinished, but we're getting there -


















Here's her bed.























The dresser/changing table. We need to move the books off it and use a little wood oil on it to brighten up the wood.


















Her rocking chair (I love it. It sits like a dream), Taylor's grandmother's table, and the Raggedy Ann and the unhung picture in the floor were made by my grandmother.


















An upclose look of the lamp, which my mother made. She filled an empty glass lamp with old toys of my brother's and mine. It's so neat to look at all the various toys in there. I love it.























My great-grandmother's quilt rack with quilts on it from grandmothers, great-grandmothers, and great-great-great grandmothers. I feel blessed with all the love in those blankets. I think she'll feel the love too.

As you can see, it's a pretty "old-fashioned" room. A lot of the items are hand-me-downs, antiques, or just have sentimental value to either Taylor or myself. We're going to hang white twinkle lights in the ceiling and a clothes line of pictures of all the generations of our family. It feels pretty comfortable in there. I can't wait for it to be finished.

No comments: