Seriously, this is the best pork I've ever cooked. Eat this, NOW. It is so simple and so delicious. I've also included a good iced tea recipe that goes well with it.
Bacon-wrapped Pork Loin with Cherries
total time - 1 hour, 15 minutes; serves 6
1 2-lb piece boneless pork loin
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
6 slices of bacon
1 tablespoon currant jelly
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 350. Season the pork with the allspice and 1/2 tea pepper and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine cherries, parsley, and mustard. Spread evenly over the pork. Lay the bacon slices crosswise over the pork, overlapping them slightly and tucking the ends underneath. Roast for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the jelly and vinegar. Brush over the bacon and continue roasting until thermometer registers 150, 10-15 minutes more. Let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Iced Tea with Plums and Thyme
total time - 2 1/2 hours (includes cooling); serves 4
1 teabags (black or herbal)
2 tablespoons honey
1 plums, sliced
8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat, add the teabags, and let steep for 10 minutes. Discard the bags and allow the tea to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the honey, plums, and thyme. Transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until cool, about 1 1/2 hours. Serve over ice.