Thursday, July 17, 2008

In Conjunction


#72 alley cat
Originally uploaded by the8rgrl

To go with the previous photo, a little vision of Alley Cat. It was the last place I spoke to William, although I saw him walking down the street the other day, it's been a while since we've had a meeting. He gave me a flower at the Ton Up Bike Show in May, and I was standing in that doorway listening to Big Baby play and some dude rev his Triumph right in front of Bazzle as he was singing. I went to the Cat when it first opened like 6 years ago - and it was still a little scary to leave the Slow Bar and journey up there - but look at it now, the anchor that holds that 5 Points district intact, and Abra's back! Peeps, if you know the Alley Cat, you need to go on Tuesday and Wednesday for lunch or happy hour and enjoy her wonderful service. She's a gem. And Deborah, let's not forget Deb!

Ah, community. I love the little enclave that is East-ville.

No comments: