Friday, August 29, 2008

Roll Tide Roll


Paul "Bear" Bryant Monument at Elmwood Cemetery, Birmingham AL
Originally uploaded by Deep Fried Kudzu

So, it's that time.

It's that time when my family gathers in front of the television and watches college football, and it's so much fun.

I grew up thinking Bear Bryant was a God. Or at least one of the apostles. I was four when he died, but I remember that day vividly, and everyone in my household, I mean everyone, cried and fell into a deep, dark depression for weeks.

I love college football. And I love watching guys red and white run up and down the field. I even yell at the TV. No lie.

Sue me, I'm a redneck. But at least I have the pedigree - From Alabama, a real coal miner's daughter, and bad teeth.

It's ok, I wear it proudly. And if you think I don't, I'll just go hillbilly on you and beat you up. It's what we do.

I love being from Alabama, no matter what anyone says. It's the best place in the world. Seriously.

No, really.

No comments: