Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cabbage and Ralph Waldo Emerson


Cabbage and Ralph Waldo Emerson
Originally uploaded by Cabbage Babble

This is our scarecrow.

We made him last night after we planted the first portion of our garden.

His name is Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Since we live in a house and yard infested with wrens, starlings, robins, sparrows, and mockingbirds, I am hoping Ralph Waldo will come in handy.

I like his ribbons. I also think he kind of looks like Franne Lee.

I am in love with our garden. I hope I didn't plant anything too early. I am terrified they are all going to die.

Help them, Ralph! Give them strength!

2 comments:

Char said...

how cute!! and of course I love the name because I love all things Emerson and Thoreau.

georgia b. said...

that's awesome! love it!

some day i will have a garden.
this year i will start with herbs in pots.