Monday, June 29, 2009

Psst: Very Important Save the Post Office Edition























I have talked a lot (or shown a lot of pictures) of the Arcade in Nashville on this site. I work on the same street as the legendary indoor mall, and have an overactive fondness for the place. Inside the Arcade there are shops and restaurants and a post office. The post office has been there for a long, long time, and the employees are sweet as pie and the whole place reeks of another time.

Some idiot or idiots wants to close it. Why? I haven't figured that out. I'm sure it has to do with the "economy." (Did I tell you I want that word banned?) It's a cultural icon, just like the arcade. I go there to mail letters to my grandmother, buy stamps, and send overseas packages for work. I am devastated that anyone would think to close down such an institution.

You can petition to save the post office by visiting any of the shops within the Arcade or you can go to the Main Branch library tonight (on Church) to protest in person. Even if you don't make use of this branch of the post office, it is important to know how special this place is, especially for the businesses within the Arcade. It provides traffic for them, as well as the fact that it LOOKS SO DARN COOL.

Save the post office!

No comments: